ss_blog_claim=905dc84beb26d0a4625d1a95ba742313

Jun 29, 2008

Euro 2008 Finals Preview


It felt like only yesterday that I started the countdown to the start Euro 2008, and now I'm doing the countdown to the end of Euro 2008.

After nearly 4 weeks of intense football actions, with 30 matches played and 16 teams wilted down to the last 2, it is down to the last match to decide the winner.

Later this evening, pre-tournament favorites Germany will play perennial underachiever Spain. The German efficiency vs Spainish flair, who will win tonight?


After enduring a terrible time during the quarter-finals where only 1 of my 4 predictions came through, I was most glad that both my semi-finals predictions were spot on.

For the final, the Germans have big match temperament and experience but the Spaniards have style and depth in their team. After enduring the hurt of never making it to the finals of a major tournament for 24 years, there's no denying the Spanish this time. I'm backing them to lift the title tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this post

Anonymous said...

I didnt really get it who ended 3d and 4th? I thought Turkey and Russia would play against eachothers?

Kinda dissapointed since i really loved the way Russia played.