ss_blog_claim=905dc84beb26d0a4625d1a95ba742313

Apr 8, 2007

Painting Day

I moved into my current flat some 7 years ago, and the initial coat of paint is still intact. Some of the walls are in need of a fresh coat of paint, and a little home maintenance will go a long way to keeping my nest in tip top shape. The online home improvement and remodeling resource, RemodelingMySpace.com posted some useful and important pointers on how to find the right home painter. Since I'm not painting the entire house, I'll embark on a little Do-It-Myself mini home improvement poject. Today I'll start with painting the ceiling of the 2 bathrooms and that of the kitchen.

The can of paint only cost me $9.
The brush and paint holder tray were borrowed.


I've slotted in a plastic bag over the paint holder tray
for easy removal of left-over paint later on


Some 'before' pics of the stained ceiling shown here.



Oh, these stains are evil!


Let me wield my magic brush on the 'canvas'.



I'm getting the hang of it, but my neck is stiff and my arms are burning!


Now for the final assault. Surrender you dirty stains!
You have been completely surrounded!



Yes, finally completed! Compare this 'after' pic
with the 'before' pic posted above.


My first house painting project finally completed without much fanfare. I was awashed with a sense of satisfaction and expecting my neck and arms to go on strike tomorrow. I'm sure this paint job is nowhere near 'pro' standard, but for a first-timer like me, it will have to suffice.




4 comments:

Stacy said...

God I hate to paint. It always looks so good afterwards but it just sucks to do it.

BetShopBoy said...

yeah, i know what you mean. Try doing it all by yourself, it suck even more!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did all of those painting jobs all by yourself in a day? You’re super! Your next project should be to hire people like you and contract homes that need re-painting. Kidding aside, job well done!!!

toronto painters said...

Not a bad job; I suggest in the future you use a 9" roller as a larger roller will really cut down on the neck/shoulder/etc aches as you'll get the job done a little quicker and with a better finish overall. Looks good though from those pics, good stuff.